Wednesday, June 6, 2012

8 Lives

Filthy city tried to put a rope around my neck; But I loosed the noose, I cheated death. Evil spirits tried to grab the wheel and make my car and me a wreck; So I split the tree, and I cheated death. Silas Cool shot the driver and my bus flew off the bridge; But I called in sick, and I cheated death. Depression sent me out to throw my body off a ridge, Then I stubbed my toe, and I cheated death. Freshwater sharks were stalking, flipped my little boat, But I held my breath and I cheated death. CO2 filled up my room and made me really choke; Next, sirens woke me up and I cheated death. Wheel snakebit by pothole, on my skull, potential scars. I cracked my clavicle, but I cheated death. Saw my fate in crackled faces of the buddies at the bars, But I sobered up and I cheated death. And I could not find a reason why; No Devils, grinning, pulled me down, No gods chucked rocks from on-high.

No comments:

Post a Comment